Wednesday, October 17th, 2018 by Paul Gassett
The EPA has deemed October as Healthy Lung Month, and according to the the American Lung Association, poor indoor air quality can contribute to the development of chronic lung diseases. Dr. Energy Saver in Northern Maryland is proud to offer services that improve indoor air quality so you and your family can breathe easier and live a healthier life. Here are some ways we can help:
Mold in the home can cause major breathing problems. If you have a crawl space with a dirt floor, chances are there is moisture that increases humidity levels under your home. Moisture from an open crawl space can make its way into your home via cracks in walls, floors, and ceilings, posing health risks to your family.
We can dehumidify, insulate, and encapsulate your crawl space to reduce mold growth.
Dust, dust mites, pollen, pet dander and insect debris are all common allergens that make their way into our homes, and breathing them in can cause allergy symptoms such as congestion, sneezing and coughing, and asthma symptoms such as wheezing and gasping for air. Some allergens thrive in humid environments, and some make their way into ductwork where they are blown back into the air you breathe.
Dr. Energy Saver can reduce humidity levels in your home by sealing basements and crawlspaces, and can also check to see if your ducts need cleaning. We can also install an electronic air filter or energy recovery ventilator in your existing HVAC systems to replace stale, allergy-ridden indoor air with fresher outdoor air.
Airborne bacteria and viruses such as strep, pneumonia, and the common cold are carried into your home by family members, causing potentially serious upper respiratory issues.
Dr. Energy Saver Green Machine offers air filtration solutions to minimize viruses and bacteria in your home and help your family stay healthy.
Healthy Lung Month is a great time to discuss how we can help your family breathe better. If your concerned about mold in your crawlspace, humidity levels in your home, or allergens in your indoor air, please give us a call. We'd love to help!